Free on-demand training course
Computers and related technology have become an essential component of how we work, live and play. But with this added convenience and productivity, comes risk. In this free on-demand course, you’ll learn about the current state of IT security, common types of threats, defense options and the role risk management plays in IT security.
What You’ll Learn
- The meaning of the CIA triad and how it applies to establishing security for your organization
- Core questions to ask when security baselining
- Internal administrative controls and their role in managing security policy
- Common types of security threats
- Key considerations of security controls
- Criminal hacking vs. ethical hacking
- Understanding the role of risk management in a security policy
- Data protection methods
- What is security?
- Confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Security baselining
- Security concerns: Humans
- Types of threats
- Security controls
- What is hacking?
- Risk management
- Data in motion vs. data at rest
- Module review
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all users of computers and technology in a work environment.